Position Title: EHS and Quality Specialist Job Duration: Indefinite
Job Function: Compliance Officer Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Salary Type: Hourly Wage Min Experience: 3-5 Years
Location: Vicksburg, MI 49097 USA Job Type: Full Time
Please submit resume to: email@example.com
EHS and Quality Specialist/Trainer
Bridge Organics Company is a contract research and chemical manufacturing company located in Vicksburg, MI that specializes in multi-step synthesis of complex organic compounds and developing chemical processes for scale up.
We are seeking an EHS and Quality Specialist/Trainer to be responsible for all aspects of existing environmental, safety and quality programs, policies, and practices as well as for developing new programs and policies as needed to achieve a safe workplace, ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, and provide quality assurance to our customers.
· Responsible for site’s hazardous waste compliance for a large quantity generator.
· Complete EPA Biannual waste reports.
· Manage facility air emissions tracking and reporting.
· Prepare and submit annual SARA Title III reports as needed.
· Complete annual OSHA 300A injury and illness reports.
· Serve as contact person for all regulatory and customer facility EHS audits.
· Acquire and renew site licenses in the areas of controlled substance (state and federal), medical waste, and liquor.
· Maintain company hazard communication program.
· Classify chemical hazards according to GHS.
· Prepare product labels and safety data sheets for material shipments.
· Participate in process hazard evaluation meetings.
· Perform respiratory fit testing for all employees.
· Act as on-site employee trainer in the areas of RCRA, hazardous waste management, emergency response, chemical
hygiene DOT, hazard communication, and HAZWOPER/HAZMAT.
· Lead employee safety meetings and communicate and implement committee recommendations.
Responsible for internal safety and environmental audits.
· Maintain employee training records.
· Plan, organize, and implement mock HAZMAT response drills.
· Participate in all incident investigations in regards to reporting, root cause investigation, and implementation of
· Responsible for writing, reviewing, implementing, training, and documenting all SOPs and site plans for the facility.
· Maintain equipment IQ/OQ documentation.
· Retain equipment cleaning and verification records.
· Serve as contact person for all customer facility Quality audits.
· Bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering, or related field
· 3 to 5 years related experience, with experience in pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
· Experience with OSHA, NFPA, DEA, EPA, DOT regulatory requirements strongly preferred
· Computer experience including Word, Excel, and Power Point
· Able to wear respiratory protection
· The ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 50 lbs
· Self-direction, decision making, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
· Excellent oral, written, presentation skills