Bridge Organics Company is a contract research and chemical manufacturing company located in Vicksburg, MI that specializes in multi-step synthesis of complex organic compounds and developing chemical processes for scale up.
We are seeking a Facility Engineer to be responsible for ensuring the continuity, safety, and environmental compliance of laboratory and manufacturing operations by managing the maintenance, repair and replacement of the facility’s utilities and equipment, as well as supporting business development and growth by managing facility operations and strategic expansions, modifications, and renovations. The Facility Engineer will report to the Vice President of Engineering and Facilities.
- Manage maintenance, repair and strategic replacement of existing facilities and equipment.
- Implement and maintain change control and preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure the facility and equipment complies with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Support the VP of Engineering to ensure facility and equipment anticipates business needs and supports business continuity strategy.
- Design and manage facility expansions, installation of new equipment, as well as design and manage facility modifications and renovations.
- Support and improve manufacturing operations.
· Participate in Process Hazard Analysis.
· Member of Employee Safety Committee and HAZMAT team.
· Participate in all incident investigations.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical engineering, or related field
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
· Experience with OSHA, NFPA, EPA, FDA regulatory requirements strongly preferred
· Knowledge of HVAC and electrical systems, building codes and hazard classifications
· Familiar with automation control software (e.g. RSLogix, Camille)
· Computer experience including Word, Excel, and Power Point
· Able to wear respiratory protection
· Able to lift, push and/or pull, up to 50 lbs
· Demonstrate self-direction, decision making, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
· Able to manage resources within a budget
· Excellent oral, written, presentation skills
Interested applicants should send their resume and covering letter to: email@example.com