Bridge Organics Company is a contract research and chemical manufacturing company located in Vicksburg, MI that specializes in multi-step synthesis of complex organic compounds and developing chemical processes for scale up.
We seek an organic chemist at the PhD level for chemical process development from R&D through Pilot Plant scale. The desired candidate will have a solid foundation in the practice of synthetic organic chemistry, a strong work-ethic, and good communication and organizational skills.
Key responsibilities will depend on experience but may include:
- Perform multi-step syntheses of organic compounds from gram to multi-kg scale.
- Use a combination of literature and experimentation to identify viable synthetic routes to target molecules.
- Perform optimization of chemical processes and purifications to enable safe and efficient scale-up for delivery of the required quantity of material.
- Efficiently plan and execute experiments to complete projects within deadlines and within a defined budget.
- Use and develop methods for a variety of analytical techniques including NMR, HPLC, GC and TLC.
- Collaborate with colleagues and supervise scientists and chemical operators.
- Prepare quotes for customers based on their requirements and provided technical information.
- Write project reports and effectively communicate results with customers throughout the project.
- PhD in organic chemistry with chemical process development experience preferred
- Self-starter, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Computer literate, including use of SciFinder and other online searching tools
- Able to wear respiratory protection
Interested applicants should send their resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org